Live high, live mighty, live righteously, just taking it easy.
--Jason Mraz

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Simplicty is Difficult

Whew!!  The dress inspired by Goodbye Valentino is done!  I sew for the fun of it.  It is cheaper than therapy.  It allows me to use other parts of my brain to problem solve, feed my soul, ignore my children.  (just checking to see if you are skimming..)

Remember the post about the discontinued pattern I ordered from Australia?  I promised Jennine I would make her a dress.  I basically had to invent the pattern because she is so tiny.  I am going to bake her some cookies. 

That took a bit of heavy thinking - remaking a pattern and make it look nice.  Challenge.  Add in full on summer hit - too hot for us asthmatics, and kids sports every blankety blank night.  That means a scramble after work for childcare pick ups, dinner and nights at a soccer field, park or baseball diamond. 

After that, I finally made it AND there is still some summer left for Jennine to wear it.  I hope that she humours me and wears at least once. Update: She has worn it twice!   I hope she likes it.


Doesn't she look great!  You can't really see the awesome yoke but it is there!
Here it is finished.  And here is Jennine in the dress.



Thank you Goodbye Valentino for your blog, and for this inspirations. If you want to view the blog post that inspired this dress, click here.  If you visit, leave her a comment and tell her I sent you.


Live High,

Heather

PS, only a few weeks until the Toronto Jason Mraz concert!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Heather,
    Jennine is not only tiny but very lucky to have you as a friend. Having made the dress three times, I know exactly what you put into making her dress. It's beautiful and fits her beautifully!
    Thank you so much for the kind words about me and my blog! I'm very flattered that you would publicly write about me.
    I'm also so impressed that you find the time to sew clothes for your friends as a busy mom! How well I remember :)
    I'm glad you made the dress for yourself too - good job!!

    ReplyDelete